Monday, July 23, 2007

Jumping Dylan

Dylan is 8 months now. He is a funny little guy. He actually doesn't care to do a whole lot, sitting up, reaching for toys, and maybe rolling around if he feels up to it, is about his extent. He is very observant. So, I have been trying to motivate him to do more, setting toys out of his reach, things like that, trying to get him to move around some more, like crawling. Unfortunatly he doesn't care. He will sit there for 15 plus minutes just looking around, without a budge to do anything else. Well, the other day I busted out the Johny Jumper, and he loves it. Tyler, absolutely hated it, so I didn't have very high hopes, but he really liked it. He jumps and laughs and loves being in it. My little boy that doesn't care if he does anything actually likes doing something. So it is probably silly that I am so excited that he is finally doing more than just sitting around, but Tyler was a very active baby. He stood up at eight months, walked at ten months and ran at twelve months, so this for Dylan is very exciting. Anyway, he is the cutest baby ever and I am glad we have finally found something active for him to do that he likes. Did I mention he is the cutest baby.

4 comments:

lisa c. said...

What color is his hair? Do I see little bit of red in it? Wonder where that came from:) I do have to say he is pretty cute!
Fun to see pictures of you and your family. Hopefully if the rest of the family jumps on board, we can see everyone next summer!

Tara and Orlando said...

My cousin has a 9 month old that does the same thing...nothing. He is just so content just sitting in the same spot he hasn't bothering to learn to crawl yet. So cute!
I can't get over how cute your kids are.

Katie said...

He's SO cute! How lame am I, I haven't seen him yet. We need to do a play date w/ Angie, you and me! I love the name-that's what I have down for our next boy. I'm so glad you found our blog-now I can keep in better touch with you guys!

Haynes Family said...

He is SO cute, I just want to hug and squish him!!