Wednesday, October 17, 2007

Biker Weekend

Jeff's mom came to town and watch the kids while Jeff and I went away. This is the first time since Dylan was born and even a longer time before that. It was very needed and we had a great time. I recommend that all parents get away for at least a night and enjoy the quiet time, staying out late and sleeping in. I know it is hard, trust me I cried, but it is well worth it. We went to South Padre Island at the southern most tip of Texas right on the gulf. It was beautiful. We went with a group of our biker friends to a rally there with hundreds of other bikes. The guys road there bikes all the way, 7 hours, and I drove the ladies in the truck pulling the trailer in case we needed it. We had so much fun and it was just nice to have some quality time together.
This is Wally and Judy our closest biker friends who are like family. They both turned 60 this summer, but can ride and party like rock stars.

We road to Mexico. It was hot hot hot!
Our "Gang"
Our Guys

We had so much fun and it was great to have some time together alone.

Thank you Grandma!!!

3 comments:

wendy_d23 said...

I love the fact that you are a biker mom!

Haynes Family said...

That looks like so much fun! I'm glad you guys got to go and get away!

Mona said...

Ben is totally jealous... not that you could have a great weekend away from the kids, but spending the weekend being "bikers"... It is great, either way :0