Friday, January 11, 2008

George Strait and Texas

Jeff and I went and saw George Strait last night. Never seen so many wranglers, hats and boots in one place. IT WAS WONDERFUL! I love him. Something about a man in cowboy boots, hat and tight wranglers singing just to you, okay... well thousands. And there is something about that smile.... We got home after midnight, but all I wanted to do was put in Pure Country (if you haven't seen this movie I am going to cry) and fall asleep watching him. We didn't take a camera, and I am pretty sick, but it was still the best night of the year so far. It was fun because George Strait is totally Texas. For many of you who have not been to Texas there is something here called Texas Pride. It is like something I have never seen before. How many of you fly your state flag in front of your house? I don't recall growing up seeing one Washington state flag outside anyones house. Here in Texas though, the flag flys hand in hand with the American flag. People from here love it here and never plan on leaving. It also seems that after you have been here a while (8 or so years) you start feeling these Texas Pride feelings and all of a sudden find yourself with Texas flag in hand. In the words of Tyler and a whole stadium of George Strait fans "GO TEXAS!"

4 comments:

Katie said...

I am laughing so hard at what you're saying about TX pride. Even though we're proud of our NW roots, it looks like TX has gotten a hold of us. hahahaha....

I'm so jealous you guys got to go! That's so awesome!!! Prue Country is a great movie w/ a great sound track!

Graham said...

I have never seen Pure Country... but you are exactly right about Texas pride. What other state sells tortilla chips in their shape?

Anonymous said...

Hello. This post is likeable, and your blog is very interesting, congratulations :-). I will add in my blogroll =). If possible gives a last there on my site, it is about the CresceNet, I hope you enjoy. The address is http://www.provedorcrescenet.com . A hug.

wendy_d23 said...

You are too country! That makes me laugh. I am glad you had a great time! I don't know if I can handle all that pride with all the USA pride I have. Is it not a conflict of interest?