Monday, March 30, 2009

"Ice goes in the ice box Mom!"

Last week we had a hail storm. After the hail let up and it was just raining the kids went out to collect some pieces of hail. I got them a cup to put it in and they went to town.
This is some of what we collected. At our house it only reach about the size of a quarter, maybe a few golf balls, but other places around town got baseball size. Window and car repair places in the area are busy.
After they were done collecting I noticed the cup I had given them to put there hail in empty on the counter. I asked Tyler where they had put it and he reminded me that "Ice belongs in the ice box Mom!" Oh, yeah, what was I thinking? Would you like some grass and dirt with your ice?
The calm after the storm. It was a beautiful night!
The weather in Texas can get pretty crazy. It is just the beginning of the storm season. I am sure there is more to come.

7 comments:

Kathy said...

That's my boy! He is smart!

wendy_d23 said...

that is too funny! They are so nice and round! We were supposed to have a huge hailstorm this weekend. guess it stopped in TX instead.

Valerie and Christopher said...

LOL that is so funny! they are so smart aren't they? Remind me not to have a glass of ice water at your place. LOL

Susan P said...

Of course Mom - where else would he put it?? :-) Reminds me of when we were in Chicago last month. Noah made a snow/ice ball and put it in my mom's freezer - it stayed in there the whole week.

Pogue Fam said...

Oh wow! I would be scared out of my wits in something like that (I don't take storms well... the one we experienced in San Angelo was no fun...) Good thing you have such good little ice collectors haha! And to think he knew where to put that yummy ice :)

Graham said...

We never had hail like that in Texas. That is nuts! Here in Minnesota the hail is supposed to get pretty big, but so far it is just normal hail. Good luck with Hurricane season, hopefully it will pass without too much activity. We are approaching our first tornado season... eeek!

Sparkle Mama said...

Those are great pictures... what kind of camera do you have? Just curious.