Tuesday, December 11, 2007

"You're going to go blind!"

This is Tylers new favorite way to watch TV. It drives me crazy! I leave him on the couch and two seconds later when I get back he is a foot away from it. ARGH!!! I tell him he is going to go blind which then he replys with "why?" and it turns into a 5 minute conversation with me making most of it up, and putting him back on the couch. I hate saying this, the first time I had flash backs to my childhood. It was like the first time I said "because I said so" which I hate saying, and feeling really old and very parentee. It is just one of those phrases that I swore as a child I would never say to my kids. What do you do? I guess turn off the TV completly and no more watching until he can do it properly sitting a good distance from it. Sometimes I hate being the grown up.

5 comments:

Haynes Family said...

Yeah, I love those "why" conversations. We have them daily too. Tyler is so cute though!

Graham said...

Emma asked me the other day if life was fair. We have also had to tackle the "Where do babies come from?" question so I feel your pain. My most unfavoritest parentee chore is making her clean her room... I don't really care that much about it and I would rather play with her first. About the TV though... you could try pointing out that he could probably see the WHOLE screen better if he sat on the couch. That or compromise and put a small chair or kid sized couch half way between the TV and regular couch and make him sit there. Good Luck!

Julie said...

When Ethan says why I say "Because I'm the mom thats why" Nothing I have ever said has made me feel as old as that did.

Tara and Orlando said...

Rushell...that's because you ARE old! Actually you have 2 1/2 more years until you are old. Orlando turned old this year. He he!

Katie said...

That's just awesome! I love conservations like that w/ 3 year olds. We have them almost daily w/ Bryce. It makes me feel old! LOL