Monday, July 7, 2008

4th of July weekend

We had a really great weekend together. Believe it or not Jeff didn't work for almost 4, well... 3 whole days. It was very nice to have him all to ourselves for that long. On Thursday, the 3rd, we went out to the lake. It is so pretty out there and we had a lot of fun hanging out with friends until the big fireworks show. Thats right, we didn't actually swim in the lake, but the boys had a blast in the kiddie pool and luke warm hot tub. We also ate lots of watermelon. I think Dylan almost ate all of it, the table it was on was at his level and he wasn't afraid to help himself. Dad and Dylan waiting for it to get dark. Our first roman candles ever. Kind of scary (for Mom) but they loved it.
The show is about to start.
Tyler and Dylan wanting to chase the fireworks

Friday morning we went to a parade, for those that don't know Jeff loves parades, and hates when I put him and the boys in matching shirts, I only do it to laugh about how much he hates it. It was hot but we had fun. We then went home to cool off, nap, eat hot dogs, corn, and more melon and then headed out to watch more fireworks with friends.

Tyler only wanted the candy. If they didn't have candy, he would sit on the curb and pout like this. Dylan just wanted to eat the candy, I finally broke down and gave him a sucker, what a mess. See how much he is sweating, he is already a little heater so by the time we got back to the car his whole head was soaked.

Dylan loves corn.

Watching fireworks with our friends the Johnson girls.

We are so happy we had such a fun and stressfree weekend together, we hope you all did to!

5 comments:

Haynes Family said...

What a fun 4th of July. I'm glad you had Jeff for so long. I love Tyler pouting on the curb for candy, very funny!!

Kathy said...

I'm with Tyler, the only reason to go to a parade is for the candy that the guy's on the floats toss out! Otherwise it is just bands and horses. The "Boys" all look so cute in their matching shirts.

Pikula's said...

They are both getting so big, I love you guys!! Love the blog!

Graham said...

You are so great! Graham is gone and I didn't want to take the kids out in the heat, so we skipped the parade. Seeing your pics and the fun you had almost makes me jealous... then I remember the heat. ohhhh the heat!

wendy_d23 said...

okay, the whole time I am looking for a picture of you and your belly and nothing. You really need to come through. At least your face is really cute though. And those boys. I have never forced the husband to match them, though I love dressing them alike. I don't think it would go over well.
Glad you had such a great weekend, its my favorite holiday! I wished we had a parade :(