Tuesday, July 8, 2008

What do you do...

...with a 50 inch plasma tv when you already have a very nice 50 inch plasma?

So unlike our very lucky friend Dustin who wins everything, we never win anything, until today. Jeff won this tv in a drawing and they delivered it yesterday. Problem you may ask? Well, we already have a tv just like this but a different brand (samsung) that we really like, and is already mounted and everything and I have nowhere to put another 50 inch monster tv. Jeff thinks it would be fun to put them side by side. Note that I didn't laugh when he said that, because I am pretty sure he was serious. Anyway, it is way to big, at least 10+ inches, to put in our room so for now it is just sitting there all boxed and taped not to be opened. No, it didn't come with a reciept or yes we would take it back and just get something else. They actually delivered it and were suppose to set it up for us but like I said where? I think we are going to end up seeing if we can sell it on craigslist. Then we will have to decide to be responsible and put the money in savings (we do have a baby coming to pay for) or maybe go buy something else fun. Well, if you are in the Austin area and are looking to buy a new tv let me know I'll give ya a deal, I will probably have this beast on craigslist by friday. (Kids not included)

7 comments:

Graham said...

That is cool that you won it... but a bummer you already have one. If you can't get rid of it let me know. Graham is driving to MN this weekend and he could come buy it from you on the way up. Is it a good brand?

Anonymous said...

Uh...I think a free 50" plasma trumps Dustin's free Dr. Peppers! THAT IS AWESOME! Who would have figured you would ever be in this predicament! ;) Any ideas on what "something fun" you would get?

Julie said...

I just wanted to let you know I am cracking up at this last 2 posts. Tom Loves when I dress him and the boys matching also. I did come home the other night and All 3 of them had superman shirts on. That was all Tom.

wendy_d23 said...

too bad I'm not in Austin, or I would gladly take it off your hands. I would go for Craigslist though, I have always had good luck on there!

Melinda said...

I hope you get the good deal in selling it!!! That'll buy a lot of matching sweater vests! Congrats to Jeff for winning. :)

Katie said...

That's so awesome you won something! Good luck with selling that. I'm sure you can sell it fast. :)

Mona said...

Well, sorry that we just bought a TV, otherwise we would love to buy it from you!