Friday, July 24, 2009

Tonsils & Adenoids

Tyler had his tonsils and adenoids out a week ago. He was really brave and didn't cry when they wheeled him away from us and woke up really well after the surgery, which the nurses say usually doesn't happen (most kids are pretty freaked out when they come out of it I guess). I stocked up on our favorite popsicle and ice cream, made pudding and jello and then he didn't want any. Dylan was in heaven though, and now keeps asking when Tyler is going back to the hospital so he can have more. It took him a few days to want to eat anything, I finally stopped fighting him on it and figured when he got hungry he would eat. Thanks to everyone who brought well wishes and treats, Dylan really enjoyed them. We go back to the doctor in a few weeks, but I think he is mending well.
Here he is when we got home. Notice the melting ice cream I think Dylan finish off for him.

6 comments:

Melinda said...

Poor guy, glad it went well!!!

Graham said...

Yeah, I'll say he did well. Jordan Fife's kid screamed for 6 hours straight after she had hers out!

I am so glad that didn't happen to you. He is such a trooper! Go Tyler!

Tara and Orlando said...

Way to go Tyler! I hope you recover fully soon!

The Jensen Family said...

Glad to hear he did so well!
Clark had his out last month and it took him a while to eat as well. He also was not a happy camper coming out of surgery, so I am happy Tyler did so well for you (makes it much easier on Mom).

Sparkle Mama said...

No fun! Awwww- glad you got that over with! Great job Tyler!

Mona said...

Glad that things went well. Sorry that I have kept asking about that, I thought that your blog on MOther's day said that he had had them out. Anyway, call me soon and we will chat!