Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Hook 'em

Football in Texas finally started a few weeks ago. We busted out the burnt orange to wear it proudly and are looking forward to a great season.
It is actually rather silly how the whole Texas world stops and revolves around football through the end of the year. Oh well, we have finally conformed and love getting caught up in the drama of it all. It goes something like this if they are winning"They are the best team ever! How could they ever lose! I love Colt McCoy! (or who ever your QB is) National championship here we come!" and if they lose just one game "I knew they would lose. They really aren't all that. That QB really needs to get his act together or they aren't going to get a good bowl game, why didn't he go to the NFL last year?" It cracks me up. We love 'em and we hate 'em. But we will always wear their colors. GOOD TIMES!!!
We are still working with Dylan to get the hook 'em sign down, maybe by the end of the season!

3 comments:

Cervantes Family said...

I love that you and your family have become so Texan!

Tara and Orlando said...

HAHAHAHA! Your kids are too cute. I love that last photo!!

Unknown said...

Ron and I ran across the "game day" spirit when we drove to Nashville and passed through when the Virginia Tech game and then the Tennessee games were letting out. I felt like I was part of the movie "We Are Marshall" movie.