Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Soccer Mom?

So I don't know how I feel about the title of Soccer Mom, but we did sign Tyler up for soccer this year anyway. He really likes it and is having a great time. They had their first game on Saturday and they creamed the other team. We need to work on him being a little bit more aggressive, I'm thinking bribery. I'll let you know how that works out. I think I have discovered though that I am a yeller at games. Hmmmmm... I wonder where I get that from...Mom? It really is hard to control myself though and deep down I don't want to be this way. I had to keep reminding myself that he is only 5 and really has no idea what he is doing besides chasing a ball around. And by me yelling to get the ball and go faster and kick it, KICK IT!!!!! Was really just distracting him. This Saturday should be better, Jeff will be there to tell me to bring it down a notch. *sigh*
He is number 4. Seriously so cute. They play three on three with no goalie, it really is just get the ball and try to score a goal. A great way to start our Saturday.

5 comments:

Melinda said...

Hooray for soccer!!! I LOVE that you are a yeller! I am too!!!! Saturday Cam was filming Sam and I ended up in the shot flailing my arms around...embarrassing to get caught on tape- just sayin'.

Valerie and Christopher said...

lol Dallin is in soccer this year too. his first game is saturday. aggression is a problem for us too....just the other way around....heaven help the child who steals the ball from Dallin...lol...sigh :)

Graham said...

Hey Emma played soccer very similar to that. We too, had a hard time getting her to be more aggressive, but like you said, whenever we said anything it would just make it worse. After a few seasons they get the hang of it and you won't have to shout at them as much. ;)

Tara and Orlando said...

HAHAHAHAHA!! That post was so funny. I can see you being a yeller. :) I can't believe how big he is!

Unknown said...

Soccer is a great sport to have Tyler participate in. Just remember he does have a coach and he/she can do the yelling. You can e the one to smooth everything over and just give praise.