Tuesday, April 20, 2010

A Very Happy 30th!

My Birthday was on the 14th.
It was a Wednesday and that is playgroup day. We we took the kids to a little farm just outside of Austin. They do a cow milking demo, a tractor ride and then a lot of other animals to see and touch. We had a really fun time, and Dylan is still asking when we get to go back. Dylan helped me make my cake. This is a recipe I have wanted to try for a long time and I was impressed with myself and how well it turned out. It is a chocolate chip cake with peanut butter cream icing. We made it into the shape of a planter box with sugar cookie flowers.
The kids sang to me many different renditions of Happy Birthday.
Tulips are my favorite.
On Friday, my fabulous husband threw me a SURPRISE BOWLING PARTY! I had no idea and was actually rather annoyed and not very nice to him on our way out that night because I thought we were late for the movies, and I HATE being late for the movies. I felt like a complete SPAZ after I figured out something was up and he had to drag me into the bowling alley to face all of my wonderful friends who came out to surprise me!
It was a really great day and so far thirty hasn't been all that bad!

4 comments:

Mhari said...

That cake looks yummy! Can you make it again just because and I'll come help eat it? And you did a great job making it. You are going to do great when we have our bakery someday. :-)`

The Jensen Family said...

Happy Birthday Rushell! Glad you had a fun day and I love your cake.

Tara and Orlando said...

I love your cakes. YOu are so talented. I'm glad you have a fun birthday. Wish I could have been there.

Pikula's said...

You are too funny, I love the cake, I think you should start a business!! Love you!