Thursday, June 17, 2010

Dirt Bike Weekend

Road Trip #1
So remember when this happened after this conversation and I expressed my feeling about it like this? Right.... well it only took about a year for him to get the guts back up to say (not ask) that he was going to give it another try. (I can only associate this with something like childbirth. That over a certain amount of time you forget about how awful it was *and not being able to button your own pants, or even have pants with buttons at all* and then still want to try it all over again.) Anyway for the last six months he has been going dirt bike riding a few times a month. For some reason every time he goes he has felt the need to ask me if I want to come and watch! "Are you kidding?" is usually the response. Or "If you kill yourself I would rather not be a witness." That is right I haven't been to happy about our newly rediscovered hobby, sort of like the first time around.
Well, a few weeks ago, he finally convinced me that we should all go for the weekend to this race thing in the middle of no where Texas so I could see him in the last race of the season. "Oh, and the boys will really love it!" So, I caved and we went.
Dylan geting a ride.
How me and the kids got around. I think we need an upgrade.
A very hot and tired Kyle
Lining up getting ready to go. Jeff is the one with a star on his rear in the middle.
And then they were off. They race this trail through the woods, so most of the time you can't even see them. There is a time limit and they just try to do as many laps as possible. We went to the truck and did this for a little bit...
Jeff ended up doing a personal best. Every time he popped out of the woods we cheered him on. The kids did have a great time, especially Dylan my dirt man. Do I think I ever need to go again? Probably not. He did express great appreciation for us coming out and supporting him though. Also, I didn't get a picture of it, but he ended up getting a serious messed up toe while racing. It was the grosses color of blue and purple I have ever seen. I think he should have gone to the doctor, of course, but he just limped around on it for a week wearing his clogs to work because his regular shoes wouldn't fit. All I could do was laugh. I think we will go for hurting one small limb at a time.

2 comments:

Cervantes Family said...

Looks like fun, you are such a nice supporting wife! I read the conversation from before- pretty funny!

Graham said...

lol. I can't believe you went! You are a trooper. I think I would have tried to stop him from ever doing it again! I am glad he didn't break anything this time!