Friday, December 26, 2008

The Result

Make sure to read "The Conversation" first.

  • A swollen and bruised hand
  • A hurt knee
  • An aching back
  • Sore ribs
  • Scraps and Scratches and Bruises all over
  • A limp
  • A lot of groaning
  • Won't go to Dr.
  • Can't get out of bed by self
  • Can't button own pants
  • Can't put on own sock or tie shoes
  • A really really really ticked off wife
  • Finally will go to Dr.
  • ProMed Dr visit
  • An ex-ray of hand
  • A referral to an Orthopedic doctor to look at hand.
  • A massive splint on hand.
  • One ProMed bill
  • Trip to Chiropractor
  • An Orthopedic Dr. visit.
  • A recommendation for hand surgery the day family is coming into town
  • A really really ticked off wife
  • Trip to Chiropractor
  • Hand surgery the day family is coming into town
  • Kids at friends houses all day.
  • At hospital all day. The day that family is coming into town
  • A very stressed out wife
  • Two wires and one screw in hand
  • One weird half cast/splint on hand
  • Pain pills
  • One Orthopedic Dr. appointment in 2weeks
  • In cast/splint for 6 weeks
  • One huge medical/hospital/doctor bill (Merry Christmas Jeff)
  • A really ticked off wife
  • Still can't get up from laying position by self
  • Still can't put on own socks and shoes
  • Still can't button own pants
  • Not much help at all
  • One majorly deserved I TOLD YOU SO!
  • One not so happy wife

Picture to come later.

11 comments:

Graham said...

Oh poor Rushell. That sucks! Graham broke his foot 3 times and I had to take care of him. Once was DAYS before Gavin was born. He had one of the 2 surgeries while I was very pregnant and I had to wait on him hand and foot for 5 weeks! BUT I never had company coming! That bites! I woulda killed him!

Mindy said...

Oh man.

Dustin and Jen Gray said...

Jonesy Jonesy Jones....why did you go and do a thing like that? You owe Rushell BIG TIME....of course after you have come out of your drug enduced happy land ;)

Valerie and Christopher said...

rushell-so you stayed at the hospital after all. so sorry about all this mess. hope things are looking up. would be glad to help out with kiddos or whatever :)

Pogue Fam said...

Oh my goodness! I would be VERY ticked off.... don't blame you one bit. Lee likes to snowboard, and I fret every time until he gets back home.

Unknown said...

OH MY GOSH - I'm so sorry for YOUR pain. But I couldn't help but laugh as I'm reading down your list. You are stinkin' funny.

We have dirt-bikes too. LOTS can happen on those fun things.

You poor thing - need help? I'm here. Seriously - call if you just need to get out of the house to prevent from strangling DH.

Melinda said...

Sorry about this R!!! This is terrible! I hope he heals quick!

wendy_d23 said...

Yikes. I really liked your list, but I can't tell if you were ticked off or not. lol!

Saine said...

Jeff,
Just listen to Rushell. She knows what is best for the family. If not you will hear about the rest of your life. Maybe this time he will get it.
Emily

Zarsky Family said...

What do we say about little Jeff? He sounds like an awful wreck--sorry you have to button his pants! :)

Mona said...

You crack me up! I love the details. I was going to call you and see how your Christmas went with your handicapped hubby and the house guests.Looks like things ended up ok. he totally owes you and if you need me to place an ad on craigslist for the bike, I am more than happy to:) Wish we were closer to kick Jeff... oh, i mean, help out. :)