Friday, December 26, 2008

The Conversation

This is a conversation that took place at our house 2 weeks ago.
Jeff: I think I am going to go dirt bike riding. Rushell: Hmmmm. When? Jeff: Friday. Rushell: With who? Jeff: Some work guys. Rushell: Hmmm. Have you before? Jeff: No. These guys ride all the time and invited me, so I think I will go. Rushell: Hmmm
Jeff: So do we have stuff going on this Friday? If not I think I am going to go. What do you think? Rushell: Well.... I guess so..... I don't know..... I just makes me nervous. Dirt bike riding seems kind of dangerous, those motorcross guys get hurt all the time. Jeff: Oh it will be fine, we are just going to go for a little bit, have some fun and then come home. We will be on a track made for dirt biking and everything. Rushell: Right. But people still get hurt and I really can not afford for you to get hurt right now. Not only is your family (mom, brother and grandparents) coming soon but we need to get the house ready and finish up Christmas stuff. I really can not afford for you to get hurt. Not to mention we don't have medical insurance. This just really worries me. Jeff: Okay... I get that, but I will be fine. Rushell: Right. No jumps or anything crazy okay? Jeff: I'll be fine.

1 comment:

Graham said...

LOL. That sounds like my mom and Dad... only my Dad doesn't usually tell my mom ... he just does it anyway.

Erin