Monday, June 23, 2008

To be 4 years old...

Tyler's 4th Birthday was on Sunday. What a happy little boy. We had a party at our house on Friday with his freinds. They all had a great time in the 100 degree heat. We had a pool, slip n slide and sprinkler.
Everyone got a water gun and goggles to play with and take home.
It was also a Spiderman party. Being the wonderful mother that I am I agreed to make him this cake. It wore me out but turnd out okay, and he loved. He had a great day with all his friends and was just so happy to have a special day to share with them, but that of course was all about him.
On Sunday he woke up to his new bike from Jeff & I. We were all out infront of the house at 7:30am in our pj's watching him master it. The other thing he got was a guitar from Dylan. Dylan was tired of him trying to play with Dads Guitar Hero guitar and thought that having his own to play with would be a good idea. Tyler found the headphones all on his own (yeah!). Now if we could only get him to share with Dylan... Well, we love our Tyler and are glad he had a great 4th. Even though he is a handful most of the time and thinks the world revolves around him most of the time, he really is a sweet boy who at the end of the day came up to Jeff and I and said "Mommy and Daddy, thank you for all of my Birthdays and my bike! I love you so much!" followed by really big hugs and kisses. We love you too Ty Ty!

7 comments:

wendy_d23 said...

Happy Birthday Tyler! Wow, your cake is amazing!! I need to learn your skills. Looks like he had a great time.

Pikula's said...

How fun!!The party looks like a ton of fun, and the cake looks wonderful!!I am very impressed!! Love you all!! Happy Birthday Tyler!

Julie said...

Looks like a great party!! Sweet bike too. How did you learn to make great cakes like that????? I need your cake skills.

Haynes Family said...

That was such a fun birthday party. He's a little 4 yr old cutie!! Your cake was so amazing!! I love that it was pink inside, so awesome!

Katie said...

How awesome!! I can't believe he's 4!! I'll be saying that in a few months when Bryce turns 4 too. Your cake is amazing!!!

Tara and Orlando said...

Holy cow! I love the cake!! It sounds like quite the party. And what a sweet boy to stop and thank you two. Happy Birthday Tyler!

Graham said...

That is a good looking cake! My mom could make cool ones like that too. You were smart to make it a water party. Last year about this time we did Emma's party at a park... BAD idea in Texas! It was so hot no one stayed very long and we did it at 11AM!!!