Sunday, November 30, 2008

Thanksgiving Weekend

We have had a really great weekend. Jeff has only had to run one call, and the phone has hardly rang. Now that I think about it is funny that that is how I determine a good weekend for us, but we hardly ever get him just to ourselves and are very thankful that he we have. Anyway, Thanksgiving day we went to our friends the Simmons and enjoyed a great dinner and hanging out. That night we of course watched the University of Texas game and of course they won, "Hook Em Horns!" Friday morning I went to Walmart at 5am like a crazy person and got a few things that now make me done with my Christmas shopping. WooHoo! Of course by the time I got home everyone was ready to get up and there was no hope of going back to bed so I decided it was time to decorate for Christmas. Jeff got all the stuff out and I put on my favorite Johny Mathis Christmas cd and we were set. Here is the house and our motorcycle Santa with side car reindeer that moves up and down.Saturday morning we went to the Austin Blue Santa parade downtown. We had to park a ways away because we were a little late but is was still really great and we were still able to donate our children's toys to the "poor children without mommy's" as Tyler puts it. This picture cracks me up because Elvis is riding on this float with Santa. What in the world? I guess it just goes with everything else here in Austin and there motto, "Keep Austin Weird."
This is our rig walking to the parade. We had to park about 6 long blocks away and never new that the one baby stroller could carry 3.

That afternoon we also watched White Christmas, a Thanksgiving weekend tradition in my mind, but not everyone seems to love this movie as much as I do. Come on people it is a classic! This is us watching, notice Dylan playing with something and Jeff so excited about the movie he talked on the phone most of it. Oh well, we are still going to watch it every year!

It has been such a great weeekend, but now Dylan is throwing up and running a fever. Hence why I am blogging right now while Jeff and Tyler are at Church. I hope everyone has had a great weekend too, without the throwing up part. We love and miss you all at the beginging of this Holiday Season. Take Care!

4 comments:

Mindy said...

Rushell--if your men give you any more crap about White Christmas you can just come over and watch it with me!! I LOVE THAT SHOW! :)

Zarsky Family said...

Lucas will love your Christmas decorations when I show him the picture, well mostly just Santa on the motorcycle!

Tara and Orlando said...

Sorry Dylan is sick. Dallin got sick right before Thanksgiving. We were in the ER Tues night but everything is fine (I'll probably tell details on my blog once I get the chance to update it).

Graham said...

Somehow I missed this post and just found it. I LOVE the Santa on the motorcycle!

i never realized that your hubby has to be basically on call all weekend... that stinks! Graham is basically on call 24/7 now, but they have only used him 3 times since we moved here in September... once was at 1AM. I guess we never know the sacrifices and trials that people go through. I am continually amazed how small my problems are compared to others. Anyway, I am sure it was AWESOME to have him home for a weekend.

Your baby is soooooooo adorable in the UT outfit.