Wednesday, January 7, 2009

I just don't want to!

One of the things I really dislike in life along with hair, humidity, and sand, is POTTY TRAINING! YUCK, YUCK, YUCK! Dylan turned two in November so I decided that after the new year we would start him pooping and peeing in the toilet. He decided it was time for this a little while back, but I have been ignoring him because I still don't think I am ready. What do I do if he is ready and I'm not? I just hate dealing with it. Do I risk putting him in underpants and the aftermath of an accident? Do I even dare put him in a pull up, which I don't think helps? Or do I just keep dealing with yucky diapers? I guess I just have to suck it up and get in sink with him if he is ready. Since I am now finding him on the pot by himself and ripped off diapers around the house, some messy some not (good times), I just need to do it and hope he figures it out fast. Did I mention how much I dislike this and don't want to! AAAAHHHHHH!

4 comments:

Graham said...

I have been thinking the same thing, although Charlotte doesn't seem as ready as Dylan. I am tired of changing 2 sets of diapers, but not sure I want to take on potty-training either. My friend let me borrow this book I think it's called
"potty training in 3 days", she swears it worked for her.

Unknown said...

LOL - I'll trade you. You can have my puppy from hell? 2-year old humans actually get what you're saying to them.

Brian and Shara's beautiful family said...

go with it! Just think - if he is that ready that he's basically doing it himself, then one week and you're done. Just spend one week at home with him, get it over with, and enjoy the time you have until next time.

Tara and Orlando said...

LOL - you crack me up. Dylan definately seems ready, so maybe it won't take him long to figure it out. Good luck!