Monday, February 15, 2010

Maui

I love Maui! It was so beautiful.
We went whale watching. There were lots of babies and mommas. The babies were all really playful and showing off their new found skills. We went out on a tour with Pacific Whale Foundation Eco Adventures, but you could see them when just standing on the shore or from our room.
We even made it to the beach a few times. Shocker I know, since I hate hate sand, ocean water, and direct sunlight.
Jeff was brave enough to actually get in the water. I do like to snorkle, which we didn't do, but if we had I would have braved the ocean. Maybe next time.
Carmen and Shawn's wedding was in Maui. It was beautiful and we were so happy to be there.
We went up Haleakala. It is the highest point in Maui, just over 10,000 feet. The day we went it was really cold and windy. At the base on our way up it was 70 degrees and by the time we got to the top about a 45 minute drive, it was only 40 degrees.
It was cool, because we were up above the clouds.
But it was really cold, so we didn't stay long. That and we needed to get to our zipline tour with Skyline Eco Adventures.
Us in our gear. Yes, we know we are hot.
Me debating with the nice tour guide lady if this is really a safe thing to be doing.
Jeff having the best time of the whole trip.
There was a suspension bridge that I was not a fan of.
We did 5 lines. The last one was 770 feet long and I don't know how high up. It was super fast and at the end they had to bring out The Home Depot ladder to get you down. This is our other guide asking me if I just had the best time ever, and I am telling him I am glad to be on his Home Depot ladder. Okay, so it was fun. It was just a really SCARY fun. And yes, I probably would do it again and be just as scared.
This was my favorite place that we ate. We had this yummy chicken, bacon, ranch pizza made with all organic and local grown foods. It was delicious. I had the salad too and want some more of it right now. Yummy!

2 comments:

Pikula's said...

I LOVE THAT YOU ARE WEARING OUR WICKED SHIRT!!!!!

Tara and Orlando said...

Wait...you hate sand, ocean water, and direct sunlight...and you went to Hawaii??? You crack me up. I'm glad you had such a good time though.