Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Texas Snow!

Here in central Texas we never get snow. A few times a year we get a ice storm or a little sleet and freezing rain, but I don't think I have ever seen real, accumulating snow. Well yesterday it really snowed almost all day. It was heavy, thick, wet snow, great for snowballs and snowmen. I think we got a little more than an inch. The kids were in heaven and we froze to death for a few hours playing in it. Of course today it is in the fifties and all but our snowman has melted, but it was a great time while it lasted. The best part is that this was Tuesday, but on Sunday it was in the 70's and by the weekend I think it will be in the 60's. Crazy Texas Weather!

4 comments:

Dustin and Jen Gray said...

Yeah - I am jealous...I get the snow but it doesn't melt that FAST! ;) Wishing we were still in TX!

Zarsky Family said...

How fun! Our kids were sad because we didn't get any snow.

Tara and Orlando said...

So weird. Georgia and Texas got snow and Washington didn't. I'm not complaining, it's just weird. Although, if it melted as fast as yours did I would like snow better. I'm glad the boys could experience the snow though. :)

Haynes Family said...

That is an awesome snowman! I love how its as big as Dylan. Crazy snow!