Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Oahu

This is the second half of our trip.
The view from our hotel room across Waikiki beach. It was beautiful!
The yummiest shaved ice I have ever had for 2 dollars. I asked the guy to give me his favorite flavor. I swear it tasted like pure sugar.
We went to the tourist trap called the Dole Plantation. It was actually very interesting. I don't think I have ever thought about how a pineapple grows, or how many types their are. Growing pineapple. Did you know that after they are picked they DO NOT continue to ripen! If you are not going to cut it right away you should refrigerate it to last longer.
A nice beach I collected sea shells at on the way to the Polynesian Cultural Center.
So this is me trying to take a picture of a man climbing a tree. I for some reason was having a hard time finding which tree he was in. I got laughing so hard that I couldn't do it that Jeff had to take the camera and do it himself.
Jeff doesn't think this picture is as funny as I do!
My favorite part of the show at the cultural center was the fire twirling at the end.
This is the whole cast at the very end. It was a really cool show.
Me driving the Bowfin Submarine in Pearl Harbor.
The USS Missouri Battleship we got to walk around and explore.
A view of the USS Arizona Memorial from the Missouri.
We also went to a ginormous Super Target while we were killing time to catch our red eye flight back home. It was huge and even had its own parking garage! Wish I had taken a picture.

1 comment:

lisa c. said...

I'm so jealous, I LOVED Oahu and want to go back so bad! Looks like you had a great time. Matsumoto's is FANTASTIC isn't it! loved it!