Thursday, September 11, 2008

Pre-K

My little boy started Pre-K today. He was so excited to go back to school. We switch schools this year so everything there was new for us. We loved our other school, but this one is just a little closer to home and a few other kids from our church are there. I did get a little choked up as I left him there at his desk, trying to trace his name. I can't believe how fast he has grown up and I am sure I will be a blubbering mother next year when I have to leave him in Kindergarten for a full day. He said he had fun, but he is funny when I ask him what he did he says "I don't know."

4 comments:

Haynes Family said...

What a cute picture. I am going to feel the same way next year, crying for sure.

Kathy said...

I cried for hours the day you started Kindergarten. Still do when I think about it. But I am the Boob in the family.

Pikula's said...

OH...I am sad just thinking about it!! Kurtis starts one day a week preschool this season and then in winter he will start for three days...I am going to be sobbing like a little baby!

Graham said...

Where we lived they don't do a full day until they are in first grade, so I was more nervous this year than Emma's kindergarten year.
It is totally normal for kids to say, "I don't know," when asked what they did today. Emma's teacher in pre-k suggested waiting until they have been home for a while before asking, she said that they are just like us and often want a little time to wind down when they get home so lots of questions right away just kind of bug 'em.