Monday, October 13, 2008

Another weekend

That's right! Another weekend and no baby. I guess I am to the point where I just have mixed feelings about it. One morning I wake up all depressed (yesterday) and the next (today) I just really don't care anymore. Maybe if I am pregnant long enough I can make the Guinness Book of World Records? That would be cool. Jeff's mom came on Friday to help out. I feel bad, we all just sat around all weekend just waiting. We did walk two malls and the neighborhood garage sale, but really, I am so overly prepared for this baby to come (like for the last three weeks), that there isn't much to help out with. My house is so clean, I am freaked out every night when I go to bed that the baby might come, and I won't have enough time before running out to the hospital to pick up, so it all has to get done before bed or leaving the house at anytime. Oh, did I mention how much I hate going to church this pregnant. The women all give me these looks of pity and the "hope I don't see you next Sunday" and all the men go "Wow" and slowly back away. I think if I am still pregnant next Sunday we are skipping. The only problem with that is then people will think I had the baby. I guess it is a no win and I might as well show up and endure it. Here is another picture of me over 40 weeks, courtesy of Tyler. Please don't post any comments about how great I look, and you can't believe I am 40 weeks...blah blah blah. I would much rather prefer the "wow, you are huge, that baby must be coming any day... there is no way it could stay in there much longer, where would it go?" LOL (Side note... do you see how high he still is? I am pretty sure he is never coming out.) Well, you be the judge. Alright, back to laundry, only one pair of pants that still fit okay and need them to dry so we can go to Costco. Hope everyone had a great weekend. I'll keep you posted, I go to the doctor again tommorrow.

5 comments:

Mindy said...

I totally understand what you mean about not wanting to hear how great you look. This is what my mom told me (and I swear, sweeter words I never before heard!): "Honey, you look like you're moving the ark!"

Keep floating! :)

Pikula's said...

I am just going to say, I LovE YOU, and really hope he comes now for you!! Stay positive, and thank you for continuing to make me laugh, your blog is what i need when I get into the office everymorning!!

Tara and Orlando said...

Rushell, you are HUGE, but I'm sorry, you are also hugely cute. I mean it. When I was 9 mo pregnant I looked like I was 6 mo pregnant. Which is frustrating because no one has any idea how uncomfortable you really are. Plus I think the really pregnant look is much cuter than the in between-not sure if you just got fat look. But I guess the grass is always greener on the other side. The baby will have to come soon though or you do look like you will pop! :)

Mona said...

Yes, I remember those last days of pregnancy... or weeks, and at church EVERYONE has something to say to you, whether they say it with their face or their words, they have a comment. And the Young Women were the worst! Every week for the last month someone would say to me, "WOw! You look really fat!" Jee, thanks. (But since I am posting this today, I know that he is here and you are done! Congrats, I will check back for pics)

Haynes Family said...

You crack me up! At least he's here now, woo hoo!!