Thursday, June 4, 2009

May

We had a busy May and since some people won't leave me alone for not posting for a while the mound of dirty dishes from yesterday, the pile of laundry I shoved on the floor at the end of the bed so I could sleep last night, and the Cheerios and rice crispies hardening to the floor even as I blog will have to wait till I give you an update. Hold on...here we go! Graduation!
First and probably most important my first baby graduated from Pre-K! Tyler's school put on a great little graduation.
Tyler and Ms. Staci, his wonderful teacher who I would love to just send with him to Kindergarten. We are really going to miss her.
Getting his diploma. They had practiced this a few times. It was so cute. They would walk across the stage, shake hands with the teacher and get there diploma, then bow to the audience. SO CUTE and he did really well.
He is right in the middle. They sang these cute songs that of course made me cry.
Some of his friends and Ms. Staci.
Now we are trying to get ready to start Kindergarten. He keeps telling me is scared and doesn't want to go. Hopefully we can work through that over the summer and happy to go come the end of August.
Heating up!
May was a kick off to the summer with above normal temps reaching the 90's. Dylan decided it was time to bust out the sprinkler. He did this all on his own. Hooked it up and turned on the water and stripped down to the underpants. He is a very clever two year old.
This is him by the time he got done playing hard.
A little craftiness!
I am not that crafty and don't craft very often, but I do try when I can.
I made these chocolate graduation caps for Tyler's class. I thought they turned out cute and everyone loved them. Thanks for the idea Bakerella! Her link is on the side. I have also been planning a Mother Daughter social for Young Womens. I have been making flowers for the center pieces. I was pretty impressed with myself and how they turned out. (Thanks Martha Stewart and some lady in Seattle that was on her show.) One flower takes eight coffee filter and about ten minutes once you get it down. The hardest part was cutting out all the pieces. I made 24. I painted these ones, and let the girls paint the others. They all turned out really good and looked great. The activity was actually last night and went really well. I wish I had taken a picture of the decorations when it was all set up. We also made big puff balls out of tissue paper that we hung from the ceiling above each table. Wish I had a picture :(
Trampoleeeeeen!
On Memorial Day we got a trampoline. We were trying to wait for Tyler's birthday, but my sanity was needing it now. We did tell Tyler it was for his birthday so we will see if he remembers that come the big day. They love it and it has given me a few extra minutes to get some things done until they decide it is no fun unless I am jumping to.
At first I thought we were a little wimpy for get the enclosure, but I think that is the best thing ever invented to a trampoline. I don't worry when they are out there alone and I am pretty sure that if it wasn't there Dylan would have already fallen off eight times by now.
SeaWorld by myself!
Well... by myself with the kids. Jeff is working on a project right next to Seaworld so he thought while he was working we should go use those season passes that we (I) had to have. I was kind of nervous about going with all three by myself, but it actually went really well. It wasn't busy (a Thursday and schools not out yet) which made it easier, (I don't do well in large crowds) and the kids were so well behaved like they could feel my desperation for them to be good radiating from my every pore. We really had a lot of fun!

6 comments:

Zarsky Family said...

You have been very busy! We are enjoying having Rebekah here right now, but I guess you can have her for a few days next week :)

Mindy said...

Rushell! You are awesome! 3 kids by yourself at Sea World???? Man, I wish I had your courage. Something like that would be great for those L-O-N-G days that happen all too often. Tell me the next time you go and I'll drag my four along with! (We also have season passes that we (I) just had to have!)

Loved the graduation cap treat. Very cute!

Carmen said...

Rushell! Are you kidding me? I stared at that flower forever trying to figure out if they were fake or real! They are fake??? HUH?!?!?! WOW.

And those little graduation caps are amazing! I've got to make them!! Love it!

Graham said...

Those roses are awesome! The grad caps aren't bad either. :) We LOVE our trampoline too. All the neighborhood kids come and jump too. It keeps the kids busy. Do you guys have a sand box? That's another thing that keeps my kids busy.

Mona said...

WOW!! So many things to WOW about! I love the graduation pics! So cute. And the flowers, hello!! They look amazing! Great job for Dylan,being accident free. Bridger is doing really well too. And fun to get a tramp. We will never have one, it to is on the "forbidden" list of the pediatrician.

Tara and Orlando said...

Rushell, you are so wonderfully creative. You constantly amaze me. You should seriously be so proud of every you posted here. Especially Dylan being potty trained!?! I'm fairly certain Dallin will be a lot closer to 3 before he even entertains the though.
I can't wait to see you in a few days!!!