Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Rock 'N' Roll Seattle

Dad and I did the half marathon and mom did the 10k. My goal was to do it in 3 and a half hours and did it in 3 hours 4 minutes. I think the weather made a huge difference. I wasn't completely exhausted and sweating like crazy like I am when I get done in Texas after only 6 miles. The 70 degree temp with a cool breeze was the perfect weather. We started south of Seattle and went up to the shores of Lake Washington where I saw a bald eagle and then through the I90 tunnel, which was a killer (no breeze) and around downtown, then through part of downtown and down the Alaska Way Viaduct to Safco and Quest fields. It was also cool that there were bands all along the way about every mile. I will definitely consider doing it again next year, but think I need to train a little harder. Today is the first day I have been able to walk without my legs feeling like they are going to give out on me by the end of the day!

8 comments:

Valerie and Christopher said...

so awesome! way 2 go rushell! and a medal too? you rocked it!

Melinda said...

That is fantastic!!! I'm so inspired by your hard work! Now you can get one of those cool stickers for your car! "13.1" Yeah baby!!!!

Haynes Family said...

Congrats!!! I love the pictures and am so amazed by your accomplishment. :) That's huge!! That course sounds so amazing.

Unknown said...

OK, sign me up for next year too - I want to do it with you! YOU ROCK!! That's no small potato - you should be very proud!

Pogue Fam said...

What an accomplishment! It was great to see you today :) Your boys are so adorable!

Graham said...

Wow! I am impressed. What a woman! Just had a baby not too long ago and look at you now!

I think they have one in California in October (Rock n' Roll). I'm working on the 5k first though lol.

Mona said...

WAY TO GO!!! That is great and something that I will NEVER do. I dumped running and will never go back. How fun to do it with your dad too. Looks like you are having lots of fun in Seattle.

Katie said...

YOU ARE AWESOME!!!!! I totally admire that you did that!!!